Location: Position requires travel for the performance of the job.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform a variety of functions associated with field and office tasks that are technical and non-technical in nature with limited supervision from qualified staff in support of project and program objectives. Direct and coordinate activities of junior associates. Work with senior level Project / Technical Managers to coordinate with clients and assist in marketing activities.
MUST have experience in Insitu Soil Stabilization, Slurry Walls, innovative remediation technologies, geotechnical services, landfill experience, deep soil mixing and wetland mitigation.
a. Specialized education and/or experience requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering / earth sciences with 4 years of experience, or
- Master Degree in engineering / earth sciences with 3 years of experience
b. Knowledge required to perform the major responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of a variety of technical and scientific areas.
- Adept at most applicable technical procedures and able to perform most technical tasks with minimal supervision.
- Specific knowledge of relevant regulations governing work activities.
- Comprehensive understanding of basic field methodology and standard operating procedures.
- Competent report writing skills.Good analytical capabilities.
- Capable of managing to scope, schedule and budget criteria.
- Appropriate interaction with clients and regulators.
c. Licenses and /or certificates required:
- OSHA 40 Hr. Training
- Professional Registration, and Fundamentals of Engineering Certificate required for engineers
- Appropriate Certifications for disciplines as appropriate
- Follow and direct others with respect to all established Company, OSHA and other Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Plan, oversee and conduct field assignments as required with limited supervision from higher level technical and project managers.
- Procures, directs and coordinate subcontractors during field events.
- Directs technical efforts of junior associates and other support personnel to meet project / program commitments.
- Recommends changes in methods, approach, design or equipment.
- Evaluates data interpretation, conclusions, and recommendations for all technical documents.
- Act as senior author on complex reports and is responsible for assembling entire reports and signatory and sealing requirements.
- Maintain client accounts through communication of project related developments, attending client / regulatory meetings and acting as key contact and liaison between client and Company.
- Act as a liaison with regulatory agencies on behalf of the Company and client.
- Monitor and control project costs, schedules, and profitability estimates to meet financial commitments.
- Typically work as part of a Team however can perform assignments individually to support a project.
- Provide training and mentoring to lower level associates.
- Actively support marketing efforts by participating in professional and technical organizations as appropriate and assisting in proposal preparation and new business development.
The most difficult problem(s) that must be solved and the amount of research and creativity required to determine solutions.
Resolve technical problems that arise based on education and experience. Limited responsibility in resolving problems associated with contractual and/or budget issues; requires consultation with appropriate project / program managers to resolve.
III. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Communications skills required to meet the position’s major responsibilities such as explaining, teaching, negotiating, persuading and selling:
Must be capable of high level interaction with clients and external entities (i.e., regulators, PRPs, adjacent property owners, public, etc.). Must be able to clearly and succinctly explain procedures, results, and services to client and external entities. Responsible for facilitating communication with peer and junior level associates working under their direction.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the associate will frequently stand for long periods of time and will walk extensively. Conditions of terrain may vary from job to job. Frequently uses audible and visual senses to communicate with other associates. Frequently uses hands and fingers to operate equipment such as OVA, calculator, computer, etc. Routinely lifts objects up to 50 pounds in weight. Strong listening and verbal skills are required to facilitate positive, safe and appropriate interaction with other associates, clients and subcontractors.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed outside – exposure to varying temperatures and weather conditions is expected.