Position code: 535 EOE. Drug Free Workplace
Location: Position requires travel in accordance to business need.
The world is catching up to WRS. This environmental, geotechnical and civil construction company has been an industry leader for a quarter century. Join our efforts to clean up contaminated property and restore our precious natural resources.
Resume and employment inquiries must include both and salary history.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform cost accounting, limited engineering and/or scientific, geological or hydrogeological analysis, routine inspections, laboratory and field tests, data reduction, etc., under close supervision. Must conduct all activities within WRS policy and procedures and incorporate WRS’ Basic and Success Values in their work.
POSITION DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Engineering and two (2) years’ experience in environmental or civil engineering, required.
- EI, required.
- Must be able to travel to project sites as needed.
- Knowledge of construction methods, civil design, soils engineering, environmental regulations and remediation work, highly desired.
- Perform field assignments and demonstrate leadership ability by adhering to all WRS values.
- Exercise caution and follow established OSHA, company, and other health & safety rules & regulations.
- Perform limited analysis, routine inspections, laboratory and field test, data reduction, etc.
- Perform calculations for resolving problems concerning the origination, collections and dissemination of scientific and technical information, requiring familiarity with mathematical principles, data processing techniques, and subject matter involved.
- Perform basic analytical duties applying standard scientific principles to achieve results. Reduce field data into formats to be used in generation of field reports. This includes generation tables and contour maps using field screening and analytical data.
- Coordinate and perform work in accordance with governmental, environmental and industry standards and regulations.
- Meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Mentor/train technicians, as required.
- Provide remedial task oversight consistent with appropriate health and safety criteria.
- Any other assignment required to successfully support a program / project.
- Assists higher graded staff on data analysis, projects and proposals
- Accountable for field testing equipment and certain office equipment.
- Must be capable of clearly communicating with higher graded employees.
- Must be able to clearly document activities when working unsupervised.
While performing the duties of this position the incumbent will:
- Be exposed to outdoor environments, frequently stand for long periods of time and walk extensively where conditions of landscape vary pursuant the job.
- Frequently uses audible and visual senses to communicate with crew.
- Frequently uses hands and fingers to operate equipment such as computer, calculator, phone.
- Frequently uses speaking and listening skills when interacting with employees and customers
- Routinely lifting of 50+ pounds.
This position description is intended to describe the essential functions of the relevant position. The description in no way states or implies that the above are the only functions to be performed by job incumbents. Incumbents are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor.
WRScompass offers an opportunity for career growth, and a compensation package that includes competitive salary and benefits to meet our employees’ needs, including 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, vision/dental benefits and flexible spending
WRScompass will not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms; please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at WRScompass via email, or by any other means without a current (one year or less) and valid written search agreement in place with WRScompass will be deemed the sole property of WRScompass. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by WRScompass as a result of the referral or through any other means.
WRScompass is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.