Position code: 532 EOE. Drug Free Workplace
Location: Position requires travel in accordance to business need.
The world is catching up to WRS. This environmental, geotechnical and civil construction company has been an industry leader for a quarter century. Join our efforts to clean up contaminated property and restore our precious natural resources.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Performs cleaning, decontamination and disposal operations for a variety of contaminated sites including contaminated soil removal,
Decontaminating and cleaning tanks, equipment, vehicles, lagoons, groundwater, hazardous waste spills and buildings (walls. floors, pipes, etc.). Utilize and maintain a variety of equipment including pumps, generators, pressure washers, steam cleaners, various vacuum units, etc
POSITION DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in cleaning, decontamination, and disposal operations.
- Must have current 40-HR HAZWOPER certificate. Must be able to provide proof of training at the time of application.
- Must be able to travel.
- Pre-work physical & substance abuse screening.
- Work from written and or oral instructions and follow all established health and safety rules and precautions.
- Remove contaminated soil, clean and decontaminate buildings (interior and exterior), equipment vehicles, storage tanks, (above and below ground), lagoons, ground water, etc.
- Manually excavate, decontaminate and stage drums. Assist heavy equipment operator in packing and loading drums in trucks or assist others in stabilizing drums.
- Demolish a variety of contaminated structures utilizing various techniques.
- Prepare hazardous waste vehicles for transport as needed.
- Replace and properly dispose of filtration material used in filtration cells.
- Maintain and clean vehicles, equipment and tools. Perform periodic general maintenance of pickup trucks, vans, pumps, etc. by checking oil and gas, filters, etc.
- Mix fixation and/or stabilization agents into soil to chemically bond contaminants to soil per established procedures.
- Follow all established health and safety regulations.
- Perform any other assignment required to successfully support a program/project.
While performing the duties of this position the incumbent will:
- Be exposed to outdoor environments, frequently stand for long periods of time and walk extensively where conditions of landscape vary pursuant the job.
- Primary work is performed within the project management trailers on the job sites.
- Frequently uses audible and visual senses to communicate with crew.
- Frequently uses hands and fingers to operate equipment.
- Frequently uses speaking and listening skills when interacting with employees and customers
- Routinely lifting of materials associated with heavy construction.
- Able to handle cleaners, soaps, water, rags, chemicals, oil, gasoline, drums, filter, tapes, acids, pesticides, soil, fixation and/or stabilization agents, lead, mercury, heavy metals, etc.
This position description is intended to describe the essential functions of the relevant position. The description in no way states or implies that the above are the only functions to be performed by job incumbents. Incumbents are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor.
WRScompass offers an opportunity for career growth, and a compensation package that includes competitive salary and benefits to meet our employees’ needs, including 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, vision/dental benefits and flexible spending
WRScompass will not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms; please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at WRScompass via email, or by any other means without a current (one year or less) and valid written search agreement in place with WRScompass will be deemed the sole property of WRScompass. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by WRScompass as a result of the referral or through any other means.
WRScompass is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.